The Modern Agriculture Foundation is a non-profit organization, working to promote research in the field of cultured meat. Our entire staff works on a full volunteer basis. Click here to make a one time or monthly donation.
We work with students, researchers and academic institutions, as well as the general public, aiming to raise awareness of cultured meat as a potentially revolutionary concept in the food industry, and to raise funds for research.
The organization was founded in March 2014, and by January 2015 launched a spearhead cultured chicken meat project- a feasibility study that will determine the cost, time table and resources to create commercial cultured chicken meat and will become a cornerstone for future researchers and entrepreneurs.
The foundation received extensive coverage all over the world, including but not limited to: MSN, NBC, Reuters, Times of Israel, Mirror, Australian Institute of Food Safety, NRG, La Stampa and many more.
Our activities include:
- Accompanying students during their studies, guiding them and providing the answers and information needed to eventually join cultured meat research.
- Giving lectures in academic and other educational institutions to create a supportive base.
- Connecting and coordinating between relevant research bodies.
- Lobbying for and promoting government support for research.
- Raising awareness among the general public about the benefits of cultured meat.
- Creating and promoting local and global research for cultured meat, by supporting and sponsoring relevant research labs.
We believe that cultured meat can potentially change the human food culture tremendously. Today, the meat, dairy and egg industries are among the major contributors to climate change. They consume huge amounts of valuable resources such as energy and fresh water, contribute to the outbreak of pandemics as swine flu and are the cause of deaths of billions of animals every year.
Cultured meat has the ability to change this reality. Meat could become environmentally friendly, healthier and more ethical.
Interested in joining us? We need volunteers for a variety of positions:
- If you are a student, click here.
- If you would like to volunteer for the organization, click here.
- If you have any questions, suggestions or comments - please feel free to contact us here.